Well this was a most interesting quiz!
To start off with, I wish to
emphasize again that I was NOT present when the tracks/marks were made, nor
did I meet or speak with anyone who saw them being made. I was completely
alone here before, during, and after the time I took these photographs.
My best guess as to what the long marks are, is a long dog leash dragging
behind a running dog. It slews behind the dog as it happily runs here and
there about the clearing and down the hill.
Guesses that came in from viewers of this quiz were (some were
intentionally in jest):
- Someone was throwing a frisbee for their dog and it went out of
control, rolling on edge all the way down the hill (good one, but
doesn't explain the line on the level snow)
- Someone buried a rope, it snowed on top of it, and then 2 people
pulled the rope out of the snow, one on each end of the rope (LOL)
- Someone put out some fresh meat for the birds, with a rope tied to
it, and a raven took the bait and the rope trailed behind (possible but
- Someone let their pet hamster out of the car while they were feeding
the birds, and it tunneled through the snow (LOL)
- The line in the snow is a bicyclist, on a dusting of snow that lies
on top of a rock-hard frozen snowpack! (LOL)
The bird tracks are Raven. Sorry, no measurements to show you, but their
size is the giveaway, compared to a nearby boot print. Along with the
typical corvid (jays, crows and ravens) track pattern of two claws off to